Tomorrow morning (Friday, Feb 16) Jeff Wilbarger with The Daughter Project and I will be interviewed live on PBS at 10:30am with CNN. They want to follow up on my One Dress Project and see how the house is coming for the girls.
I guess I should be honest...I still feel very philanthropic, however our new darling has really eaten my time (rightfully so) along with my sweet son. I am not sure what I can really add during this time...Jeff has the exciting stuff. When my 6 months of dress-wearing, research, prayer and campaigning ended, I accepted that as the season. Trusting that we will have wisdom for the interview and give the silent a voice.
Here's some amazing news - the house is built - $350,000 project - that will be mortgage free due to generous donors! It is ready to take in 6 women - hopefully by June 1st.
The latest news from The Daughter Project:
James 2 – “My dear friends, don’t let public opinion influence how you live out your glorious, Christ-originated faith. If a person enters your church wearing expensive clothes and a street person wearing rags comes in right after them and you say to the fancy-dressed person, ‘Sit here, this is the best seat in the house!’ and either ignore the street person or say, ‘Better sit here in the back row,’ haven’t you segregated God’s children and proved that you are judges who can’t be trusted?”
If the girls we are preparing to help walked into our church, school or workplace, how would people react? The way they dress or look or act would probably lead most of us to avoid them. Praise God that He does not look at them or us that way! May He help us see everyone with His eyes of love.
Items for Prayer
- Thanks that our waterline was installed!
- That the contractors will finish our last few items on our “to do” list quickly.
- Thanks that our Case Manager is excited to begin working for us full-time on Monday.
- That someone gifted at event planning will take the reigns of our Free 2 Laugh event.
- Thanks for the generosity of the members of the Perrysburg Rotary Club through their 28th Annual Auction and in other ways too.
- Wisdom for CNN International interview scheduled for Friday.
- Thanks for the ongoing support by the people of Children’s Lantern.
- Wisdom for speaking opportunities this month at Nova Faith, Zonta Findlay and possibly Spring Arbor.
- Thanks for the generous donation of Bowling Green Christian Academy from their corn maze last fall.